https://www.plumbinbits.co.uk is operated by Robert Pochin Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 179511 and our VAT registration number is 113769075
Our Head Office address is Pochin House, 2 Murrayfield Road, Braunstone Frith, Leicester, LE3 1UW.
PlumbinBits only offers goods for sale through our website: www.plumbinbits.co.uk
When you place an order with us, your order will be subject to the following terms and conditions:
The prices quoted on our website are to the best of our knowledge correct. If a mistake has been made in the advertised price we will make every effort to honour the price but if we are unable to do so we reserve the right to refuse your order if we cannot agree on a reasonable resolution with you. In these circumstances, we will refund any monies that you have paid.
Our prices include VAT at the current rate and no adjustment to our prices will apply regardless of the location to which goods are dispatched.
All goods must be fully paid for at the time of order. We accept payment by credit card, debit card and PayPal.
Our order cut off for same day dispatch is 1.00 pm without exception; especially relevant if choosing a premium service. Our cut off time is governed and set by the volume we send daily combined with our scheduled Royal Mail contracted collection time. We are not liable for claims of unfulfilled expectation arising from not recognising the information provided and communicated. It is possible to cancel your order providing the item has not been dispatched. We only post Monday to Friday. We are closed at weekends and Bank Holidays. Please bear this in mind when placing an order at weekends and Bank Holidays. Your order will be dispatched on the next working day. Certain Premium services may not be available at the weekends and Bank Holidays due to fulfilment exceptions not realised with the information provided.
Most orders are dispatched by Royal Mail. The delivery period is normally 3-5 working days however you can choose a ‘Priority’ or ‘Tracked’ delivery service options shown at checkout. Depending on the size of the package it may not be possible to leave the goods at the delivery address if you are not present when delivery is made. In these circumstances, you may need to collect the goods from a nominated Post Office or Royal Mail or a courier depot. Certain premium delivery options may require a signature upon delivery and if you are not present at the time of delivery you may need to rearrange delivery or collect your goods from a local depot. We only post Monday to Friday. Orders placed after 1.00 pm Friday will be posted the next working day after a weekend or Bank Holidays. We will only deliver to the cardholders address unless you have placed an order with us before.
If you place your order by 1:00 pm on a weekday we will normally dispatch your goods the same day. We normally carry all items posted on the website in stock. In rare circumstances such as unusually high demand, we may not have the item in stock – in these circumstances dispatch may be delayed until the following working day. If we are unable to dispatch the following day we will contact you to advise you of the likely dispatch date. If this is not acceptable to you then you can cancel your order and we will refund any monies paid. If you have requested a premium delivery option and we are unable to meet the delivery date then we will contact you to advise you. If our anticipated delivery date is not acceptable to you then you can cancel your order and we will refund any monies paid.
Please take the time to read our returns policy, some items may not be returned if opened, or security sealed for various reasons. Please contact us for clarification if in doubt before purchasing.
You are entitled to cancel your order provided you advise us in writing within 14 days of receiving the goods. The goods must be returned to us within 14 days of advising us that you wish to cancel your order and must be in original unused condition including packaging. You are responsible for the cost of returning the goods to us unless they are faulty. We will give a full refund for goods returned to us under this policy except where non-standard delivery has been requested in which case the additional cost of delivery will be deducted from the refund. We reserve the right to reduce the value of the refund or to refuse any refund if the goods are not returned in original unused condition including packaging. If you cancel your order before we have dispatched the goods we will give you a full refund. All refunds will be made to the payment method used when you placed the order. If you wish to cancel your order please contact us by email to: email@example.com
We expect goods to arrive with you undamaged. If you receive goods in a damaged condition please advise us as quickly as possible but in any case, you must advise us prior to installation and within 3 working days of delivery. We may ask you to provide photographic details of the damage. In the case of goods that arrive with you damaged, we will normally send replacement goods and collect the damaged goods from you. We will not accept claims for damages where the item has been installed and the damage would reasonably have been visible prior to installation. If you wish to report damaged goods please contact us by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Installing an item is acceptance the product is correct for the installation, correctly identified, is of satisfactory quality and fit for the purpose intended. In the unlikely event that the goods develop a fault after what is deemed a ‘reasonable time period’ (*30 days from the date you take ownership of the product) then contact us in the first instance and we shall do what we can to resolve the problem. You are not legally entitled to a replacement or refund if your item develops a fault after this time. *Consumer Rights Act 2015. Under no circumstance uninstall the product before contacting us as most manufacturers have a dedicated customer service team and some employ their own engineers to resolve warranty issues and may be able to resolve the problem directly or instantly. We may ask you to contact a manufacturer directly in order to resolve the problem with minimum inconvenience to you.
Note: We are not the manufacturer of the product/s sold; Guarantee’s of any time period are the responsibility of/and offered by the product manufacturer. We will of course do what we can to help and assist in any way possible. We may request photographic evidence of any alleged fault that may be forwarded to the relevant supplier. We reserve the right to recover any costs we incur in investigating a fault from you if the goods are found not to be faulty. We reserve the right to confirm that the installation of the products has been carried out in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and by a qualified installer. If you wish to report a fault please contact us by email to: email@example.com
Any information or technical assistance given by us is given in good faith and is given for general guidance only, and does not constitute a warranty, guarantee or recommendation of the suitability of the goods for a specific purpose.
While we endeavour to ensure that the product information, images, and specification shown on our website are correct and up to date, we do not warrant the accuracy of this information. If we supply a product that differs from our website description and you do not wish to accept it you may return it for a full refund in accordance with our returns policy. NOTE: Manufacturers may alter the colour of components to indicate the date of supply for warranty reasons. We may make changes to the products and prices at any time without notice.
We will do our best to provide our service as described but we will not be responsible for circumstances outside our control such as war, terrorism, flood, fire, industrial disputes, power cuts etc or failure of third parties to provide requested services.
Limit of liability
If you are purchasing as a consumer then the appropriate consumer legislation applies to all transactions. We will not be responsible for any circumstances outside our control or that could not reasonably have been foreseen by you or us at the time the order was accepted by us. We are not liable for human error, or any delay in delivery – unless you have paid for a premium delivery service. In this case, the limit of our liability will be the cost you paid for that service (less the standard postal charge) we are not responsible for additional incurred costs. We shall endeavour to resolve issues that arise from any error on our part in the quickest way possible with no additional cost to you. If you are purchasing as a business then we will not be legally responsible for any business losses.
These terms of business will be governed by English Law.
Plumbinbits (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Policy sets out the basis on which we collect personal data from you and the way in which it will be processed by us. Please read this Policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we shall treat it. For the purposes of the relevant data protection legislation, the “controller” (or “data controller”) is Robert Pochin Limited of Pochin House, 2 Murrayfield Road, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE3 1UW. Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We collect different types of information about you for the following reasons:
- To provide goods or services to you, either at your request or in order to fulfil an existing contract;
- For our legitimate interests, namely in order to update you with important information about our products or services, to help us monitor or improve the products or services we offer and, unless you have objected, to send you information electronically about products or services which are similar to those you have already purchased from us previously unless of course there is a risk that any of those legitimate interests are overridden by any of your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms;
- If we have your permission, to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about other goods or services. We shall make sure it is clear when you are able to give us permission to do this, for example, we have an online form and boxes that you need to tick if you want to receive such marketing materials; and
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, security, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect information on you:
- when you place an order with us or sign up for an account;
- when we contact you during the ordering process or in the process of managing your account.
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
The minimum information that we need from you so that you can place an order is your full name (or the full name of your business plus a contact name if you are an organisation), address, telephone number and email address. We shall also process your financial or credit card information for the purpose of fulfilling the contract. In processing your order we may use your information in the following ways:
- to provide you with our products and services, which includes managing, processing and despatching your orders as well as processing payments for your orders;
- to manage your customer account and to keep adequate records of your past purchases;
- to contact you regarding your order, or if we change the way that our products or services work;
- to email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you based on your previous purchases and enquiries (if you have not objected to us doing so); and
- pass your information on to carefully selected third parties so that they can inform you about their products and services (if you have given us your permission to do so).
We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, fraud prevention and credit reference agencies, web developers, business software suppliers, and review organisations). We shall notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
We also collect technical information about you when you visit our site in order to help us monitor or improve the products or services that we offer. This information includes the IP address of the computer used to connect to our site, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform. We shall also collect information about your visit to our site, including the full URL used to access our site, the clickstream to and from our site, (including the date and time), products which you have viewed or searched for, page response times, any download errors, how long you have spent visiting certain pages, page interaction information including scrolling, click and mouse-overs and any methods used to browse away from our site. This helps us to monitor and improve the products and services we provide. In doing so, we may use your data in the following ways:
- to improve our site so that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and
- for troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
WHEN WILL WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We shall not share your personal data with any third parties for marketing purposes without your express consent. We shall however, share your personal data with third parties (“Third Parties”), for the following reasons:
- for the purpose of data security, namely data storage, back up, disaster recovery and IT support purposes;
- other selected third parties, such as our payment and delivery providers, suppliers and sub-contractors, where it is necessary to do so in order to provide you with goods that you have ordered;
- Google Analytics, to assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- Trustpilot, to whom we will send details of your name, email address and order number so that they can invite you to review your recent purchase when you place an order with us through https//plumbinbits.co.uk. This is in our legitimate interests in order to analyse and improve the performance of our products and services, however you can ask us not to do this at any time by contacting us and letting us know.
We reserve the right to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal requirements, enforce our terms and conditions, or any other agreement we enter into with you, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business and other customers. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WILL WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we shall do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we shall use effective safeguarding procedures and security features to try to prevent any unauthorised access to your personal data.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP HOLD OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
How long we store your personal information depends upon the type of information we are holding and the purpose for which we need it.
We shall keep your data for the period of time you hold an account with us, to enable us to contact you, keep a record of your past orders and supply you with any new orders. We shall not keep your personal information for any longer than necessary to fulfil our obligations to you or to meet our legitimate business interests or legal requirements.
Where you have given us your permission to contact you for marketing purposes, we shall contact you every five years from the date on which you originally gave your permission to ensure that you still wish to be contacted in this way.
You have the following rights:
- to request that we provide you with a copy of the information we hold about you (“Access Request”);
- to request that we rectify any information we hold about you (“Right to Rectification”);
- to request that we erase any information we hold about you (“Right to be Forgotten”);
- to restrict the level of processing we carry out with your information (“Restriction of Processing”);
- to obtain from us all personal data we hold about you in a structured, machine readable form, and have this information transmitted to another organisation (“Data Portability”);
- to object to our processing your information in certain ways (“Right to Object”); and
- to withdraw your consent at any time to our processing of your data.
Please see the relevant sections below for further details on your rights as a data subject. You can exercise any of the above rights by emailing us at email@example.com.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are unhappy in any way with how we treat your personal information. We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to deal with your concerns before you approach the Information Commissioner’s Office, so please contact us in the first instance.
We shall comply with any request made under this section as soon as possible, and normally within one month from the date of your request. However, if necessary, for example if your request is particularly complex or we receive a number of similar requests, we may extend this period by an additional two months, but we shall notify you if we need to do this.
Please note that where we receive requests under this section which are manifestly unfounded or excessive, for example because they are repetitive in nature, we may:
- charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or taking the action requested; or
- refuse to act on the request.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you at any time. Please note that in most circumstances, we shall not make a charge for this, however, we may make a reasonable fee based on administrative costs for any further copies requested.
RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION
You have the right at any time to ask us to rectify any personal data that we hold for you which is incorrect or incomplete.
If we have disclosed any incorrect or incomplete data to any third parties, we shall inform them of any necessary amendments or corrections made to your personal data under this section.
RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN
You have the right to ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you in circumstances where:
- it is no longer necessary for us to handle your personal data for the purpose for which it was originally collected;
- you have withdrawn your permission for us to hold your personal data (where this was the basis on which it was collected or used);
- you object to the processing of the data and there is no lawful overriding reason for us to continue processing your personal data;
- the personal data was unlawfully processed; or
- we have to erase your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation.
RESTRICTION OF PROCESSING
You can ask us to restrict how we use your data in the following circumstances:
- where you believe that the information we hold about you is inaccurate, you can ask that we refrain from using your data until we can verify the accuracy of it;
- where we have unlawfully processed your data, you can ask that we restrict our usage of it rather than erase it completely; or
- where we no longer need to hold your information, but you wish us to retain your information for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending a legal claim.
You have the right to obtain from us all personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form, provided that such data was processed based on your consent, or for the purpose of a contract between us and the processing was carried out by automated means.
This will allow you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another. Alternatively, we can transmit such data directly to another organisation.
Please note that we shall not be able to comply with a data portability request if this will affect the rights and freedoms of others.
RIGHT TO OBJECT
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to our processing of your personal data where we are doing this for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest (which we shall have told you about, if applicable), or where we are carrying out processing for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us.
You also have the right at any time to ask us not to process your personal data for direct marketing or profiling purposes (to the extent that such profiling is related to such direct marketing). We shall have informed you before the time we obtained your personal data whether we intend to process your personal data for this purpose, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
If we process your personal data for automatic decision making or profiling purposes (i.e. to analyse or predict your personal preferences and purchase behaviour, and such profiling is automated) we shall ensure that we tell you about this beforehand, and will only do this where this is a necessary condition of entering into a contract between you and us, or where you have given us your explicit consent to do this.
RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
Where you have given us your consent to our processing of any of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, for example, if you no longer wish for us to share your information with third parties for marketing purposes (where you have previously consented to this).
In addition to any other way we make available to you the ability to withdraw your consent, you may also withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our site may contain links to our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for them. We advise you to check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
We are closely monitoring the Governments advice on COVID-19 and its impact on current services. We ask for leniency on the above information during this period. Thank you.